Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 679W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2787W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2193W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1491W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1193W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1824W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1709W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed