Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Bitaxe owners: what would you change?

quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
A 403W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1401W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1897W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2277W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed