Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

Forum feature wishes — keep them coming

solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2401W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 70W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
A 2198W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed