欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 67

brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2619W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2068W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 476W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2907W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 04:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2912W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 222W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 639W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2488W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed