未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 573W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3098W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3016W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
A 1672W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 900W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 19:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 742W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1352W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2998W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. a 962W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 624W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 947W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 270W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed