Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 240W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
A 961W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2615W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2045W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
A 3236W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed