Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Wall numbers vs dashboard numbers — post your gap

lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 277W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1100W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 594W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 346W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 1023W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1455W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 2429W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2747W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed