미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3147W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1537W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 904W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2284W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2414W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 826W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 580W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2457W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1953W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 01:50 UTC
A 2309W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2607W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1626W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 12:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3114W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 50W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 271W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3348W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 03:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2458W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 04:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 901W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 08:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 11:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. a 279W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 16:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2357W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed