Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. a 3076W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1638W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 04:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1821W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1852W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 15:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2219W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed