未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3038W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 456W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1502W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1965W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1848W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1420W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. a 1974W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2488W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed