← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Fan swaps that actually lowered noise
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 01:10 UTC
A 1311W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 797W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1641W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2324W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 648W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. a 1101W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3200W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3008W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3101W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2773W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 09:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 10:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 11:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3009W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3317W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?