Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1102W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 690W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2476W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2310W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 270W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 17:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2998W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1635W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1183W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1920W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 01:40 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2023W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 10:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 11:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1337W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2640W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed