Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2101W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2913W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 456W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 567W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1426W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 791W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 750W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1856W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2828W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed