미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 2

brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 544W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1342W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2301W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed