Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 668W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1450W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 640W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 2703W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 555W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed