Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
A 480W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1609W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2198W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1286W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
A 273W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 813W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 69W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1926W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1163W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1450W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1623W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2476W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed