Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2056W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2191W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed