Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

night-block-742 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1178W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2317W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed