Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1134W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2961W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 229W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2936W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 13:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2618W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3006W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1058W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1924W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1847W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 516W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2526W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1241W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 743W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
A 513W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1708W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1222W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1840W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 514W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 388W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1706W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
A 1594W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3240W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2603W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3273W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed