Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 415W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1651W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2844W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2692W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2610W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2373W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 506W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed