Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1393W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1715W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 201W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
A 179W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1693W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 15:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed