Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

ETC miners check in — how's stability?

crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1747W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3304W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 867W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1344W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 407W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2039W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2811W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1678W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1242W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 847W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 991W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2779W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed