Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1078W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2622W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 08:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 10:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2115W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 15:50 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 16:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1140W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2491W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 20:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 21:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 21:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 23:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 812W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1417W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 06:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1251W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 10:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3018W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 14:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 16:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. a 962W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 18:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 19:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1462W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2454W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 00:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2074W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 166W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 05:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1422W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 11:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2191W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2377W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
A 2169W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1250W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3116W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3304W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 291W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2966W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed