Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 04:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2132W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 2591W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1023W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 07:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2852W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1975W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 11:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1193W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 87W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 18/09/26 14:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3234W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2962W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 22:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3148W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed