Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3129W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 06:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2131W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 521W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1324W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 07:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1013W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 866W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 973W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2872W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 176W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 13:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2078W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
A 1207W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 931W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. a 2862W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1510W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1165W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 04:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2475W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3128W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 11:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. a 925W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 15:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2543W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 03:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2437W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 441W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 19:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 21:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 660W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 23:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2345W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2603W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 15:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 15:50 UTC
A 762W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 16:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 17:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 18:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed