未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

night-block-742 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 509W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 00:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 225W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 03:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. a 671W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 05:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2292W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3118W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 08:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 559W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 09:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3121W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1334W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2242W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 22:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2343W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3073W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1799W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 801W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1591W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 456W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3238W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 214W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 03:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2761W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 17:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
A 2776W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed