Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Undervolting results thread — share your curves

brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 21:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 23:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 23:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 00:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1381W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2939W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 06:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 14:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 928W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. a 1731W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1213W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1582W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed