Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2622W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 03:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 03:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2928W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2274W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 424W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 07:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 07:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2312W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 08:50 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1943W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2298W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 16:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 17:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1113W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed