Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

XMR miners check in — how's stability?

lucky-beacon-567 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 02:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 19/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 19/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 06:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1399W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 19/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 11:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 976W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 14:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 703W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 19/09/26 16:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 709W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 71W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2865W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 22:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3030W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. a 824W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1302W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 02:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2849W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 08:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1931W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 09:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3350W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 12:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2553W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 192W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2748W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 21:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2242W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 22:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 23:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2833W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2259W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 925W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3021W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 310W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 380W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 19:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 288W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1627W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 21:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1178W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 05:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 11:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2419W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 289W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1203W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 23:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 23:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 881W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
A 1732W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed