Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 19/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 19/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 19:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3141W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 19/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed