Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

turbo-cipher-977 · 19/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2513W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 19:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 19/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 19/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 19/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1810W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1139W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1219W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 871W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. a 2290W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1032W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 15:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2337W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. a 609W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed