← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Worst rental experience and what it taught you
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 1916W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 04:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 689W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1052W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
A 1203W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 07:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
A 2991W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 10:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 332W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?