未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Pool support quality across the alts

solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 19/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1439W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1342W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3102W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 13:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 991W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3164W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3330W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed