Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

S21 owners: what would you change?

brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 22:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2365W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 05:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 08:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1559W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1514W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1072W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2155W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed