Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 19/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 230W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 19/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 02:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1558W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2651W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1110W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1761W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 06:10 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 08:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1625W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 11:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 20/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1410W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 18:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 19:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed