Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

noble-wallet-319 · 19/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 19/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1605W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 19/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 19/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 01:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 03:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 1549W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 20/09/26 07:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 20/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 20/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 10:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2542W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 20/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1447W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 20/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 20/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 20/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 20/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1532W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2528W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 235W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 20:40 UTC
A 2928W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 20/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed