Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?

night-kernel-772 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 20/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2922W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 20/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 20:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 20/09/26 20:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 20/09/26 21:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 20/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 20/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 20/09/26 21:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 22:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 20/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 20/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
A 945W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 03:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 04:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2127W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2483W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 12:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
A 368W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed