欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

delta-circuit-965 · 20/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 20/09/26 22:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2386W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1786W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. a 1248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 06:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1887W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1888W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 101W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 13:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 638W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed