Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Wall numbers vs dashboard numbers — post your gap

crimson-mempool-907 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 20/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 20/09/26 23:10 UTC
A 1428W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1469W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2548W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1881W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
A 1897W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 11:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 14:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1030W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1880W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3133W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. a 2787W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2887W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 68W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 163W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 318W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 559W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2405W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3056W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
A 3267W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2799W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
A 2208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2900W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1507W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2738W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 03:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2748W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1344W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
A 2040W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3095W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 13:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2489W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 14:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1206W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 16:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 16:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 69W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 153W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 22:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed