Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

night-block-742 · 20/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1673W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2683W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3270W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 23:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2959W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2698W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2430W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1035W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1520W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2225W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 344W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3195W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 21:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed