欢迎来到未来

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

lucky-hashrate-376 · 20/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 311W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 01:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2282W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2676W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 912W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 150W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed