미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2702W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3265W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 20:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 20:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed