Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 01:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 02:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2349W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1832W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 1082W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 08:00 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 10:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 322W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1372W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1035W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 2507W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2538W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2033W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 213W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 01:50 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 04:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. a 694W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2635W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2437W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2381W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3111W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 942W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1097W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 19:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 479W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1635W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 03:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 575W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1721W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 655W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 09:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2998W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3197W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1788W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 438W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3377W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 15:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed