← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell
lucky-beacon-567 · 21/09/26 02:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
A 78W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 13:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2018W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 21/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 16:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 17:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3190W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3018W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 19:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 412W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1775W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
A 1867W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 05:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 06:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a 2030W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1828W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 970W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2760W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 00:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 639W nobody budgets for.