← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics
night-node-496 · 21/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1292W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2044W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 21/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 06:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 07:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 08:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 21/09/26 10:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 21/09/26 11:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 11:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 141W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 12:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 21/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 21/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 21/09/26 13:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 21/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 21/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 16:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 21/09/26 16:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 21/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 21/09/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 21/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1507W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3345W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 18:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
A 1713W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 21/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 21/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.