← Forum ·
General
What brought you to the forum this week?
turbo-cipher-977 · 21/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 21:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 21/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 21/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2022W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 10:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2643W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2456W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 668W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1299W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 830W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 14:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.