Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

ETC miners check in — how's stability?

delta-circuit-965 · 21/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 21/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 21/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 21/09/26 23:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 23:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 21/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 21/09/26 23:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 21/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 05:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 05:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1359W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 09:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1775W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 13:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. a 1483W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 16:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed