未来へようこそ

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 41

nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2538W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 05:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 22/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 12:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 14:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1266W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 17:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
A 3133W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 22/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed