Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 22/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 276W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 22/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 07:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1173W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 22/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 10:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 10:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 11:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 22/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 22/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 12:50 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 15:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 22/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 804W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 22/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 22/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 22/09/26 16:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 17:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 22/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 22/09/26 18:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 22/09/26 19:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 22/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 21:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 22/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 22/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 22/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 22/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed