Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

hex-furnace-202 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 22/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1185W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3105W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2834W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2035W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 124W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2131W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 577W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2622W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1041W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 712W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 21:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 22:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 61W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1183W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 07:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1846W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 974W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2175W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1598W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 251W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 18:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2001W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 20:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 22:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2947W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2822W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2257W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1555W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1587W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
A 662W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 124W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
A 91W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 865W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1645W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed